Network monitoring and maintenance will save you money by preventing expensive network disasters from happening in the first place. Why not save money, and have a stable network to maintain?
There are three core elements that a Managed IT provider swears by:
• Eliminate downtime: allow the company to focus on their business and growth, not their technology.
• Commit to Best Practices: Improve, not just repair.
• Proactive V. Reactive: Issues detected and resolved before they cause downtime.
IT firms adopt managed IT service methods in order to provide much higher quality service for their customers. The relationship is much more of a partnership and although it creates a higher expectation for the IT firm to provide stellar service, the methods also enable them to do so.
The 10 benefits include:
1. Think of IT Managed Services as outsourcing your internal IT department
Your Managed IT provider takes time to get to know and document your entire IT infrastructure, your specific needs, requirements, and overall goals that your technology is driving you towards. Instead of just fixing case-by-case issues, Managed IT providers such as Michell Consulting Group partner with businesses in order to take over all aspects of technology, from infrastructure to vendor management, maintenance to upgrades, and consulting for solutions to continue to increase productivity so your business can focus on generating revenue and growing.
2. Early Issue detection leads to fewer problems that actually affect the end-user.
Managed IT providers run reporting and monitoring tools that detect issues and report back whenever a potential problem is discovered. That way, it can be fixed before it causes frustration and downtime for your employee.
3. Remote Technical Support reduces overall IT expenses with shorter response times.
While remote technical support isn’t new, a part of the Managed IT provider’s toolset includes easy remote access to all workstations on your network. This means issues can be looked at quickly without needing to dispatch a technician to your location. Remote access is secure, and usually included in the Managed IT provider’s monitoring and maintenance toolset, making it a simple, cost effective, no-brainer addition to any small business’s IT package.
4. With a trusted managed IT Consultant your business won’t need to rely on vendor support.
When compared to the standard break-fix computer company, Managed IT firms deal with business-class vendors very often and often build relationships with vendors. This means things like warranty and support agreements can all be handled by your outsourced IT firm instead of by your employees, and support for specific hardware and software can be done right through your IT consultant instead of by multiple vendors. This gives you and your staff a single point of contact for all of your technical support needs.
5. The break.fix process forces you to pay when you are down and already losing money.
The key element of a Managed IT Service is that you aren’t paying to have issues fixed; you are paying to have them prevented. With Managed IT, you pay to prevent downtime and maintain your expensive IT infrastructure. Regular maintenance plays a huge impact on stability, performance, security, and longevity of your network and the devices on it.
6. Flat-rate IT management is easy to budget and reduces hidden costs and promotes IT expense planning.
When an expense varies greatly from month to month it can be difficult to plan and budget accurately. With the flat-rate payment model you practically eliminate recovery costs since it is all covered under your agreement. Knowing that most issues are covered means you pay the same amount each month, and allows you to budget for new projects and expansion much easier. Your Managed IT provider can even give you the precise costs associated with adding a new user to the agreement in the event you do hire additional employees.
7. You get a powerful alignment of your IT and business goals.
Your IT service provider should offer quarterly or bi-yearly reviews to provide consulting to ensure your IT solutions match your visions for your business.
8. Businesses that manage and outsource their IT properly greatly reduce overall IT expenses.
Besides better performance, less downtime, and fewer issues, properly managed IT services are generally cheaper than the alternatives because it takes less time and effort to maintain technology than it does to fix it when things were left to go wrong.
9. Your business can take advantage of enterprise-level solutions for small-business costs.
Running a small business doesn’t mean you need to suffer from the lowest-end solutions. Enterprise-level support and solutions can be made available to your organization to give you the cutting edge in communications or to help you sleep at night with bullet-proof backup and security.
10. Standard IT operations consist of many critical, yet repetitive technical tasks that take time and experience to perform.
The traditional method had no place for many of these time-consuming critical tasks due to the hourly billing that most traditional IT providers charge. This means that these standard, day-to-day tasks, such as updating and running antivirus, applying and testing Windows security patches, and monitoring the health of data backup solutions, are the responsibility of the employee or not attended to at all.