If you use Microsoft OneNote for jotting down quick meeting notes, phone calls, and personal memos, you’ve probably had information you needed to share with other co-workers in your OneNote Notebook. This quick walk-through will show you how to set up a Shared Notebook that others can access and modify.
Notes in OneNote are structured like this:
Notebooks > Sections > Pages (Notes)
A Notebook is a collection of sections, and each section contains a potentially unlimited number of notes.
You can create a Notebook that anybody can access and edit.
- Open up OneNote and go under File, and select New.
- Where it asks “Store Network On?” select Network.
- Give the Notebook a name.
- Browseto a location on your network to save the Notebook. Keep in mind, everybody who needs to access this Notebook needs to be able to access the folder you save it in.
- You will want to consider saving the Notebook somewhere that gets backed up by your company’s backup solution. If you need help, give us a call at 305-592-5620.
- Once you save the Notebook, it will let you send out an email to others with a link to the Notebook. Clicking on that link will automatically add the Notebook to their OneNote.
- To resend that email later, click the Share tab in OneNote and select Share This Notebook.
Now you can share and collaborate notes with other users in your organization. Need help setting this up? Contact Michell Consulting Group at 305-592-5433, and be sure to ask us about other ways you can streamline and work smarter!