SAP Business One Sales Order
In this course of MCG University, we will show you how to create a Sales Order in SAP Business One. This session teaches you how to create a sales order from scratch, discuss each of the header tabs, how to add a text line to the order, how to add an item and discuss the form setting fields, how to add the document with remarks and predefined notes, how to delivery details, and how to check discounts and freight. There are a few ways of creating a Sales Order weather is through Automation, E-Commerce or Carrying over from a blanket agreement, sales quotes. In this case we are going to create the Sales Order manually from scratch.
- Select Sales Order from the Menu or by clicking the option from your Cockpit Common Functions
- Select the Customer for which you would like to create the document for
- Click on Customer and select the desired one from the drop-down list
- Once the customer had been selected, the next field that needs to be entered at the header level would be the Delivery Date
- Content Tab contains information regarding all the Items in the Sales Order, Quantity, Pricing etc.
- Logistics Tab contains information regarding where you are Shipping and Billing to (information that flows from the Customer Master)
- Accounting Tab would also be displaying Customer’s information that is pulled from the Customer Master
- Attachments Tab can be used to attach any information that you would like to have in the Sales Order. Free text can also be added, which can be carried over into any of the future documents related to the Sales Order
- Traditionally you would have the option of selecting whether an Item or a Service will be to the added to the Sales Order
- As part of the Item selection, the “Type” column can be used to type in or insert any comments that you would like to show in the Content Tab of your Sales Order
- Click the “Item No.” column to start inserting the Sales Order Items
- All Item information from across the company will be shown in the Item columns as the amount in Warehouse, Committed and Ordered quantity.
- Select the Item Quantity to order
- Use the Delivery Schedule Details to check if there is enough allocated quantity for the selected item
- This option would let you know if there is not enough quantity to fulfill your order
By clicking Unit Price and selecting Price Report, you can get the entire price structure within your system
This shows a big picture of the different pricing associated with the customer for this Item
From the Price Report, you can also see all different pricing options, discounts available, and necessary quantities in order to get discounts
Completing Sales Order
- Click Add & New on the bottom left corner of the screen to save the Sales Order
- You can navigate back to it to review all the information previously entered