Most businesses, especially small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), never go for the option of using managed IT services in Miami. For instance, rarely will you find a small business hiring a chief information officer (CIO). While this may be understandable due to financial constraints, the CEO ends up being overworked as he or she as to double up as the CIO, as well as the overall manager. Given the ever-evolving world of technology and the increase in cybercriminal activities, the CEO may be overwhelmed and unable to control everything.
There is good news for businesses that could not afford to hire a CIO. You can now hire a virtual chief information officer (vCIO) at a relatively lower price than that of hiring a CIO.
What are the Functions of a vCIO?
A vCIO is more of a managed IT services provider in Miami who assumes the responsibilities of a CIO, and this includes the development of a strategic plan, productivity, security, and efficiency. The following are some of the core functions of a vCIO:
- Aligning your IT with your business goals
- Cutting unnecessary cost by strategizing on cost control and IT budgeting
- Consolidating resources and saving costs by laying out the inefficiencies in your current IT infrastructure
- Development of IT strategic plans
- Management of IT needs for specific projects
- Assisting in the procurement of hardware and software
What IT Services Does a vCIO Help Achieve?
- Cybersecurity – A vCIO helps maintain cybersecurity by conducting a risk assessment, training awareness, data protection and ensuring the adherence of all security practices.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity – A vCIO ensures that your business gets back to its feet regardless of any disaster that comes around. This has to do with data backup and recovery procedures after an unfortunate incident.
- BYOD and Mobile Workforce – A vCIO will be there to ensure that your data is safe even in a BYOD work environment and mobile workforce.
- SaaS, Cloud Computing and Virtualization – Your vCIO will help you to realize the full potential of cloud computing and virtualization. This includes the migration process.
- Strategic Planning – With the help of your virtual chief information officer, you will successfully determine your technological priorities and you can focus on the right IT solutions for your business.
Other areas in which your vCIO or managed IT services provider in Miami may be helpful include enterprise resource planning (ERP), networking, legacy application renovation, and business intelligence and big data analytics. It is time to take the right step in moving your business forward. To learn more about this, contact us at Michell Consulting Group.