SAP Business One Navigation
In this course of MCG University, we will show you general navigation in SAP Business One. This session highlights an overview of the SAP Business One system and where to locate various modules, icons, and functions for the users convenience.
- Administration – System setup, company details, default configurations, approval procedures and alerts management.
- Financials – Chart of Accounts, journal entries, fixed assets, budgets and financial reporting
- CRM – Customer resource management, which is how you communicate with your “leads” prior to becoming customers, creating internal tasks to communicate with customers and/or leads and various tasks that need follow up and follow through.
- Opportunities – In conjunction with the CRM managing the entire process from lead generation and communication. Follow up on specific opportunities with potential and existing clients.
- Sales – A/R – Manages the documents in the sales cycle, from sales quote through to A/R Invoice. This section also maintains various reports associated with the sales process.
- Purchasing – A/P – Manages the documents in the purchasing cycle, from purchase request (internal requisition) through purchase quote up to the A/P Invoice. This section also maintains various reports associated with the purchasing process.
- Business Partners – Is the term used to describe all business relationships that exist between your company and its customers, vendors and leads. This relates to the master data screen and any reports or aging’s(customers/vendors) associated with the partner.
- Banking – Deposits, Incoming and outgoing payments
- Inventory – Master data for items, creating transactions associated with inventory movement. Warehouse transactions with various bin locations, pick and pack process. Price lists at the cost and price levels and the relationships between them.
- Resources – Non inventory items used to manage costs and capacity of resources for a production environment ie. Labor, Machine time, etc.
- Production – Bill of Materials (recipe for an item that is produced), production orders, WIP accounting and reports.
- MRP – Material Resource Planning is a tool used to procure all materials, items needed to deliver on sales orders, forecasts incorporating purchases and production in one process.
- Service – Manages all equipment sold that has a maintenance type of contract and needs to be serviced, can be included in a regular fee, or can be charged as you go along the way. Maintains the serials numbers associated with the purchases.
- Human Resources – Manages the employee and their records
- Project Management – Manages projects, timelines, and all of the documents (invoices, purchase orders, etc.) associated with the project.
- Reports – Accumulates all of the reports throughout the system and combines them in to this one section. All of these reports are also within each of the designated modules.