WatchGuard Announces Fireware XTM and WSM v11.7: Available for XTM 25/25-W/26/26-W, 3 Series, 5 Series, 8 Series, 1050 and 2050 devices
WatchGuard is excited to announce the general release of Fireware XTM and WatchGuard System Manager v11.7. Our newest XTM OS release super-charges XTM appliances with a host of enhancements and powerful new features including performance boosts, new management tools, increased BYOD security options, and much, much more.
You can install Fireware XTM OS v11.7 on XTM 25/25-W/26/26-W, 3 Series, 5 Series, 8 Series, 1050 and 2050 devices. It does not support the wired or wireless versions of XTM 21/22/23. The new features, enhancements, and bug fixes included in this release have been carefully chosen to improve the capabilities, performance, and reliability of our XTM devices.
Here are just some of the enhancements Fireware XTM 11.7 has to offer:
- Improved UTM throughput performance numbers across the XTM product line.
- Policy Grouping simplifies the setup and admin of larger network environments.
- Link Aggregation combines interfaces and links for greater throughput and high availability.
- WebBlocker can now point to the cloud, instead of requiring a server set up onsite. And the new URL database from Websense, with over 100 categories, is more accurate – especially in non-English languages.
- The scope of central policy management has expanded to devices behind third-party network appliances.
- L2TP VPN protocol, included natively in many different operating systems, enables more widespread VPN access.
- WatchGuard VPN applications on iOS and Android make it easier to set up and configure VPN connectivity. Administrators can simply share configuration files by email.
- IPv6 firewall policies expand support beyond network and routing capabilities.
- IPS and Application Control on httpss policies deliver security even when traffic is encrypted. This enables granular controls on social media applications.
- More interoperability with different VoIP phone setup, with DHCP options for TFTP server and boot file name.
- Rock solid reliability means no business interruptions even if failures occur. Expanded high availability features include: Full support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- Hardware health monitoring – Alarms are generated and proactive HA failover can be initiated when hardware failures, such as fans stopping, are detected
- HA on wireless models – XTM 25-W/26-W/33-W
- Full support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
In addition to the features and enhancements listed above, 11.7 also includes numerous smaller enhancements, bug fixes, and improvements to the product based on customer feedback. If you manage an XTM appliance, we recommend you download and install 11.7 to enjoy its new features and zippier performance.
Does This Release Pertain to Me?
Fireware XTM 11.7 is a feature release that also includes many other improvements. If you have a XTM 25/25-W/26/26-W, 3 Series, 5 Series, 8 Series, 1050 and 2050 device and wish to take advantage of the enhancements listed above, or those mentioned in the Release Notes, you should consider upgrading to version 11.7. Please read the Release Notes before you upgrade, to understand what’s involved. As always, the Release Notes contain a comprehensive list of fixed bugs and current known issues.
How Do I Get the Release?
XTM appliances owners who have a current LiveSecurity Service subscription can obtain this update without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the Articles & Support section of WatchGuard’s Support Center. To make it easier to find the relevant software, be sure to uncheck the “Article” and “Known Issue” search options, and press the Go button. You can install Fireware XTM 11.7 on XTM 25/25-W/26/26-W, 3 Series, 5 Series, 8 Series, 1050 and 2050 devices. It does not support the wired or wireless versions of XTM 21/22/23. If you need support, please enter a support incident online or call our support staff directly. (When you contact Technical Support, please have your registered Product Serial Number, LiveSecurity Key, or Partner ID available.)
- U.S. End Users: 877.232.3531
- International End Users: +1.206.613.0456
- Authorized WatchGuard Resellers: +1.206.521.8375