Smartphones and tablets are everywhere, and it’s no secret that people are tied to their devices. App markets are filled with all types of software that, if used properly, can help manage every aspect of a person’s life and connect them to databases filled with humanity’s accrued knowledge. The polling professionals at Gartner found that over 1.2 billion such devices were purchased in 2013 alone. This boom gives innovators new markets to explore. XD Design is doing just that with their line of solar-powered chargers.
If you are a heavy mobile device user, you’ll inevitably experience times where you will run out of battery power. This used to cause long lapses in productivity and connectivity. Recently, portable batteries have been made available that are designed to allow users to charge their devices when they’re on the go, but require electricity to charge. These chargers aren’t doing your environment any favors, as everyone out there adds to the enormous carbon footprint. By using solar panels to turn the sun’s rays to electricity, you are reducing your carbon footprint and keeping your tech charged at the same time. Available models include:
- Sunshine – Fashioned like an arrangement of lilies, the Sunshine charger integrates five solar pedals with a 2,600 mAh battery to give users a great-looking solution to keep their phones or tablets charged at the office or around the house.
- Suntree – A great addition to any desk, the Suntree features nine solar panels at the end of nine wood “branches.” The Suntree model comes with a 1,350 mAh battery.
- Sunflower – Sunflower has been created as a desk charger. With one large solar panel and a 2,500 mAH battery, Sunflower is great for a user that has limited desk space.
- Port – The Port charger comes equipped with charger that can stick to any window to charge the 1,000 mAh battery. A great solution for users on the go.
- Window – Like the port, the Window sticks to any glass surface to easily expose the solar panel to the sun. Significantly larger than the Port, with a larger integrated battery pack of 1,400 mAh, the Window charger is great for users that would like a green charger for their home, office, or car.
- Wallet – The ultimate in portable charging technology, the Wallet charger can fit into nearly any pocket or bag. The 1,300 mAh battery charges quickly and presents users the ability to charge devices on the go.
- Tab – The Tab portable solar charger designed specifically for tablets. With its powerful 2,600 mAh battery, the Tab solar charger snugly holds your tablet as well as having the capability to charge your smartphone. Watch movies on the go without worrying about your device’s battery dying.
With so many options, solar technology is becoming a solution for all of your charging needs. At home or the office, in the car or on a plane, XD Design solar chargers present solutions for when you need a little more juice to get you through the day. In fact, the sky’s the limit for what we can do with solar tech! Beyond battery charging, scientists can potentially harness the power of the sun to solve worldwide problems like climate change which causes inconveniences like severe hurricanes, droughts, polar vortexes, and more. As powerful as the sun is, we think the potential for science to utilize solar technology in order to combat worldwide crises is bright!
At Michell Consulting Group, we make a conscious effort to find solutions that can help your organization reduce its carbon footprint and be more efficient. For more information about new green technologies, or to learn more about how we can save you time and money with our managed IT services, call us today at 305-592-5433.